Friday, December 18, 1992

Sorenessity


Waned, my sweet soreness from our late nights. 
Waxed a new soreness: 
its location inside the bowels of my stomach, 
the chambers of my heart, 
the thin filtering passages of my liver. 

This empty pain comes from the smallest spaces of my insides. 
It comes from a body within my anatomy, 
a body not indicated on those classroom charts. 
The transition began the moment I left you at your door. 

This soreness shifted and consolidated in the centermost spaces of my body. 
And it wasn’t a big goodbye, 
not emotional 
we were exhausted and the time spent apart was not for long. 

But, when I walked away, 
I was happy and sad, 
wanting to cry for both. 

Now I have this mysterious soreness 
not too bothersome besides the fact that I know not where it comes 
nor how to relieve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.