Sunday, April 7, 1996

Crow's Feet

Has time 
slowed down, 
even during
the skirmishes
our time 
neither 
diminishes. 

Ikeeps 
flying 
along.

+++++++

Clarity, 
I see you, 
your thick hand, 
the wrinkles 
swirling around 
your knuckles. 
The crows feet 

that I saw the first time the door opened and you let me in.

I know the size 
of your nipples, 
their red 
and pink, 
the way your breaasts 
hang, 
the smell 
of your skin.

I can trace 
the curves 
from ankle 
to hips 
around the ear 
to lips, 
one rye thin, 
the other 
protruding. 

The way I make them smile.

Standing on our beach, 
the waves sound similar 
but smaller. 
It’s not the same 
your hands in mine, 
your lips not on mine, 
nor the smell.

Inside the blue 
irises of your eyes
fearing your words, 
or just the smell, 
touch, 
color mixed 
with waves.

The black birds have come in from the cave. 

The sun’s warmth has passed beyond the hills. 

I must leave 
this beach, 
the pitifully closest 
I can 
come 
to you.

+++++++

want someone 
who is 
willing 
to experience, 
to make opinions, 
to be wrong, 
and always surprised.

Can we be as a river that flows both forwards
and backwards 
at the same time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.